By default, new users created in Sysdig Monitor are referred to as Edit Users. These users have non-administrative permissions to create and edit content within Sysdig Monitor, including dashboards.
This article outlines how to configure the permissions of an existing user.
Configure a Read-Only User
Sysdig Monitor allows administrators to configure read-only permissions for users on a team by team basis. These users can access the components of the Sysdig Monitor application available to the team, but cannot create, edit, or delete dashboards, alerts, or other content.
Note: Read-only permissions only apply to the configured team. If a user is in multiple teams, their user permissions for the other teams will not be impacted.
Note: Read-only permissions can only be applied to non-admin users. Administrators will always have full permissions, regardless of the teams they are on.
To configure a read-only user within a team:
- Log in to Sysdig Monitor as an admin user.
- Open the User menu, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the Teams section.
- Click the Edit (pencil) icon for the relevant team.
- Open the Role drop-down menu beside the relevant user, and select Read User.
- Click the Save Edits button to save the changes.
Configure a Team Manager
Team Managers are users that have administration permissions to add, edit, and delete users from within a specific team, as well as to grant read/edit access. This role allows for the delegation of tasks, without widening full administration privileges.
Note: Team managers only have user administration rights within the specific team they are configured in. Team manager permissions do not apply to all teams a user is in.
To configure a team manager:
- As an administration user, open the User menu and select Settings.
- Navigate to the Teams panel.
- Select the relevant team from the list.
- Optional: If the user is not already part of the team, click the Add User (plus) icon and select the user from the drop-down list.
- Open the Role drop-down menu beside the relevant user, and select Team Manager.
- Click the Save Edits button to save the team configuration.
Via Python client